10 Week Weight Loss Jump-Start Results
I started my weight loss journey in earnest 10 weeks ago. I had set up 10 things that I was going to do for each day of the 10 weeks. Even with the best of intentions, life can get crazy, I can get lazy, so not everything was done. I am pleased to say, though, that there was really only ONE thing that I didn’t do with fidelity.
Things I mostly did:
Follow my morning routine
- This was the most successful goal I made. I found that having a routine made my mornings automatically. I was able to have a healthy breakfast, a healthy lunch, my workout goals, and half of my hydration goal done by the time I walked out the door.
- To see my YouTube Video about my morning routine CLICK HERE
- Want to learn how to create your own routines to make health a habit? Check out my blog post HERE and it’s companion YouTube Video HERE, or my Pinterest Board HERE
- Check out my Pinterest Board all about hydration to see how I kept it flavorful while I met my goal HERE
- No caffeine
- No soda
- I might have had a sip or two, but nothing close to an entire can
- Breakfast consisted mostly of 1-2 eggs and 2 pieces of turkey sausage or turkey bacon
- Lunch consisted mostly one 1 cucumber and 1/2 an avocado
- Dinner was the most varied, but it usually featured a lean protein and veggie of som sort
- Check out my One Sheet Pan Pinterest Board, it’s full of options that are low-carb and healthy!
- You can also check out my 3-Month Meal Plan HERE (under construction)
- Never wonder what’s for dinner again
- Each week features 3 meals
- Each week features an organized grocery list
write 200 crappy words
- I wrote them, the words are still crappy
Things I Kinda Did
Follow before-bed routine
- I was able to do the basics, brush teeth, write 200 words, but beyond that, I wasn’t very effective. I wonder if I am planning too much in my night-time routine, or if I am waiting too long to start it. I’ll try to address this is my 5-Week Reboot, which you can read about HERE.
- Most nights I was able to wipe down my appliances and countertops
- I was able to “reset” my downstairs area so that I had a clean house every morning
- We kept dishes out of the sink
- I introduced my “upstairs” basket which kept clutter in a designated area until David or I had to go upstairs
- I thought a two-story house would be a dream, and it IS a blessing. However, going up and down stairs all day. Ick!
- I kept track of my weight and measurements
- I kept track of building habits with my habit tracker, which is coming soon!
Follow my Digital Bullet Journal Routine
- I didn’t do so hot on this, but I did it over half of the time
- I need to re-evaluate the purpose of the different spreads I am using, and maybe try some different ones
- I’m ditching my mood-matrix. I’m sure that other people find is awesome, but it just feels like one more thing to me.
Things I Didn’t Do
- Follow my get-home routine
- I knew that making this a goal was going to be risky. I suck at being productive when I get home. If I can force myself into action once I step foot inside the door, then I can sometimes accomplish stuff.
- Do the same wind-down routine every day
- Walk in the door
- Go upstairs (bring basket, or laundry if need be)
- Change into home clothes (usually jam-jams)
- Maybe just like I have a work-out outfit, I should try a clean house outfit. Something that feels comfy without signaling to my brain that it is Netflix-And-Chill-O-Clock